Good day!

Today went well. I had my pre op appointment. Its kind of early considering my surgery is not until march 12 now, but we just kept the same appt from the first scheduled surgery.

I was really nervous because i was not sure what he was going to do. I also felt sick because I ate actual food yesterday. But everything went well. He came in, talked about his hurt arm and his recovery, explained that he will be ready and will not do my surgery if hes not. He said his friend in SA is an amazing surgeon and he will take over his surgeries if he cant do them.

He then answered my questions:
-I can wear my nose piercing jewelry, but probably not my monroe (because of the anesthesia and the oxygen, i guess)
-I need to be at the hospital by 8 am for my 9:30 surgery.
-The surgery will take no longer than 50 min, and i should be up and walking by an hour after surgery.
-i need to bring comfortable, loose clothes for after the surgery.
-he uses glue instead of stitches so I dont have to wait to shower.

and a HUGE plus....

I can eat during my two weeks! he said because i have already been fasting for almost 2 weeks and i have lost already over 20 lbs, my liver probably already shrunk and that I dont have to be so strict with the diet. He said i can eat healthy food in addition to the carnation drinks. for example, he said i can eat oatmeal mixed with water for breakfast or one or two hard boiled eggs, for lunch a salad seasoned with lemon or lime juice, for dinner a piece of grilled chicken or even lean steak (4oz.).

this made me feel better about my surgery moving, but i still think i will try to stick to the liquids. Maybe ill eat the healthy foods one week and fast the second week. I just want to lose as much weight before as possible.

another good thing today. my mom and i told my sister and brother in law about my surgery.I was very concerned about telling my sister. my sister is very very thin. she used to model and cares so much about being in shape. i sometimes feel that shes ashamed of me because i am overweight. we are not that close and i think that is why. recently she gave birth to their first child. he is amazing and i love my nephew (currently 3 weeks old). They are both great parents. I feel we have gotten a little bit closer since she became pregnant. Today after my appointment my mom and i were going to babysit the baby, so we decided to tell her. (we figured if we waited until after, she would be very hurt that we didnt include her). turns out she was very happy for me, they both were asking questions and seem they are going to be very supportive. She asked why she is JUST finding out about it. lol i just told her i wanted to wait until i knew for sure it was going to happen.

im pleased with today. my parents bought whataburger... but i just ate two chicken strips and a piece of toast. NO FRIES!

hope the next two weeks go well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment