Well actually my journey began Dec 1, 2009. That was my first appointment with my Surgeon. I was so nervous. I wasn't sure what he was going to say; however, it went very well. Turns out my insurance doesn't have very strict rules. I didn't have a certain time that I had to wait. Although my Surgeon said he likes to wait 2 to 3 months for preparations. I was just required to see a dietician 2 times and have a psychiatric evaluation. All three went great throughout December and January. (along with keeping exercise calendars)
In mid January all my documentation was sent in for approval to the insurance and the date was set. A week later I get a letter saying I was approved!
February 2, I went to a pre and post diet seminar. I learned so much about what I should eat and what I shouldnt. I learned about pretty much every type of protein supplement that I can try.
As of today, I have about a day and a few hours away from my 2 week liquid diet (Feb 11 - feb 25). Very Very nervous!!
I am only going to be allowed to eat:
- carnation breakfast (no sugar added) drink mix, with fat free milk. FIVE TIMES A DAY!
- sugar free popcicles and sugar free jello
- sugar free (non-carbonated) drinks
It's going to be tough, but I know I can do it!

0 comments:
Post a Comment